Monday, June 1, 2009

Group-shots and Backgrounds (Part 3)

I haven't done any backgrounds for a while, but I had a few minutes and figured that I'd do some "real-world" backgrounds. Here is my New York City Skyline at night:



I didn't add anything to this shelf as it really doesn't need it. Also I didn't want to tie this in to any one particular group of characters since New York City is basically a character in itself. This shelf is really a work-in-progress. I originally intended it to be a straight-up Spider-Man Shelf, but then I decided to go down the Dark Avengers/New Avengers route.



I've got Captain Marvel (standing in for Marvel Boy), then Hawkeye/Bullseye, Sinister Spider-Man/Venom (Gargan), Iron Patriot, Ms. Marvel standing in for the current Ms. Marvel, Sentry, and Ares. I'd really like to make a classic Ms. Marvel but that'll have to wait for another day. I'm on the look-out for a brown-suited Wolverine but I figure I'll have to chop off his hands, boots, and head to put on a different figure to stand in for "Dark Wolverine."

On the right I've got Luke Cage, Wolverine, Spider-Woman, Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Captain America, and Ronin. Obviously I need to flesh out my Avengers, but it's good enough for now.

Next up is my X-Mansion. This actually is the same building used in the X-Men movies for the exterior shots. Oddly enough it's also Lex Luthor's house from the Smallville series.



I added the little X-Jet on this one for a bit of whimsy I suppose. I populated this shelf with a few of my current favorite X-characters.



Sabretooth (classic), Blob, Yuriko, Magneto, Mr. Sinister, Mystique, Juggernaut, Pyro, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, Wolverine, Angel, Professor X, Beast, Ice Man, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, and finally Jean Gray.

My last new group for the day is my Hulk collection. I didn't make a background for these guys as really this is just temporary. I'm planning on selling off about half of these figures sooner or later. They're just taking up some space right now.



Hercules, She-Hulk, Abomination, shorty She-Hulk, Spider-Hulk, The End Hulk, Wendigo, Wolverine (1st App), Bi-Beast, Hulk, Leader, Grey Hulk, Red Hulk, King Hulk, Iron Clad (mostly hidden), Other Hulk, and Absorbing Man.

Here are some updated (and much larger) pictures of my earlier group-shots:

Batman:


Superman:


Green Lantern:


Hall of Justice (Justice League of America):


The Bad Guys:

No comments:

Post a Comment