Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A few more customs for money...

...I guess that makes me a customs whore. Oh well.

First up is a figure I made years ago - I had the extra Wolverine from the Legendary Riders wave of Marvel Legends figures. There was a comic a while ago that showed Wolvey here on the cover wearing a skull shirt popularized by the ol' Frank Castle.



Here's a comparison shot with the Astonishing Wolverine and Classic Punisher figures.



Here he is on the 'Bay:
Wolverine as Punisher

Next up is my take on the Juggernaut:



He's made from the World War Hulk or Planet Hulk or whatever the eff that first Hulk in the Hasbro Marvel Legends wave was called. I wasn't reading that series at the time so I didn't have much interest in the figure. Also I missed out on the "monkey arms" Juggernaut made by Toy Biz so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and make a proper Juggernaut. I used a bit of sculpting material to cover his bare feet and give him some arm bands. I tried twice making a helmet for him and neither one turned out well. My Juggernaut morphed into a Cain Marko custom then.

The arm bands didn't hold up as well as I thought they would, as you can see here:



Still he fits in well with the other folks, as you can see here with Cyclops and his step-brother, Charlie Xavier:



I made him a while ago, but now that the Spider-man Classics version came out I decided to go with him and try to make a buck with the custom on eBay. Here's a comp shot between the SM and custom versions:



Here he is on the 'Bay:
Juggernaut, aka Cain Marko

No comments:

Post a Comment