Tuesday, January 27, 2009

GI Joe: The Coil!

For the 2006 GI Joe Convention, the Club released the Cobra's Most Wanted set, including Serpentor's private army - the COIL! Not being satisfied with the few characters provided by the Club, I created some of my own. First, here's the group shot:



The first addition was an Officer to lead my Coil Troops, named, well, "Coil Officer." He shares the same recipe as the Coil Trooper - Decimater head with TARGAT body. He is painted in the same colors with black and green flipped.



Next up is the Coil Techno Viper - Techno-Viper head on a Coil Trooper body.



I had several Snake Eyes v14 bodies and Storm Shadow v14 heads so I made a few of these guys that I'm calling Coil Neo-Ninjas.



Here is a character I call Virus - or the Coil Biological Trooper. He is made from a Vapor head on a Sludge Viper body - with Techno-Viper arms. I used a blowtorch backpack and some sort of Corps! pistol to create his weapon.




Not as much members of COIL, but rather associates of Serpentor - at least as described by the Devils Due comic series - are the next three figures. Hannibal I changed the arms out on as I really didn't like the look of the coat he was wearing. (I'm using that for a future custom anyway).



These next two are from a former "business associate" with whom I have long ago had a falling out. I'll refer to him as Snake Eggs from now on. Maybe I'll write up a blog about ol' Snake Eggs someday, but for now I'll just say that while he is talented he does not have that measure of integrity or loyalty. First up is Firefly as he appeared in the early issue of the DDP series. I'm not entirely sure what parts were used as he sculpted quite a bit on him. He has most of his articulation, but can't bend at the waist. I really hope his rubber band never breaks!



Finally comes Zandar. He fell out with his brother Zartan and ran off to join Serpentor in his ultimately doomed attempt to conquer the world. Again, I'm not certain what parts were used and the figure doesn't retain much articulation, but its appearance is really great. As much as I resent our dealings, I am happy with Snake Eggs' work.

No comments:

Post a Comment