Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Warpath Custom Joe-scale Alt-Mode

When I got done with my recent Powerglide custom I caught a bit of the Joe-former bug. Here is what I did to make my Joe-scale Warpath custom. I started off with a custom tank that I bought off of eBay fairly cheap:
This was in itself a fairly cool vehicle. I liked the idea of making a Warpath better than keeping this as is though.
Here are the two base vehicles - the turret from a vintage MOBAT, the rest from the Marauder's Equalizer. (both of which I happen to have examples of)
Here I'm testing out parts to get more of a Warpath look. That's the very cool Transformers Generations Warpath figure there. I quickly concluded that the weapon and support on the left looked horrible and replaced it.
The weapon supports and the weapon on the right are the jetpacks from a POTF2 Deluxe Boba Fett figure - two of them chopped up for these. The rocket firing weapon on the left is from... some Joe figure pack-in I think. Dunno.
Here he is assembled after the Mauler Skirts came in the mail. Oh yeah, the muzzle is from a Clone Trooper pack-in radar dish or something. I'm not totally in-love with it and may replace that someday.
Disassembled, washed and ready for priming!
Primed!
Painted! I used silver for the treads, the same red from my Powerglide custom, and left the flat gray primer on the weapons.
All the parts laid out for assembly.
The main body assembled.
Turret parts.
Final assembly!
Here are some comparison shots with the actual Warpath figure. No stickers yet.
And with stickers. I used a combination of Mauler, MOBAT, and Autobot sigil stickers, all from Cobrastickers.com.
And that's all there for this guy - what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment